The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at Lensdude.com. Here are the types of information we gather.
What About Cookies?
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Lensdude.com. A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit Web sites anonymously. Although we will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience at Lensdude.com if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Lensdude.com if your computer supports such capabilities. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please inform us.
Does Lensdude.com Share the Information It Receives?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as purchasing, My Favorites, personalized greetings, and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of Lensdude.com's coolest features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below.
- Affiliated Businesses We Control: We work closely with our affiliated businesses. We operate stores, provide services, or sell product lines jointly with these businesses; TJMPhotographica and Urban Edge Productions.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of Lensdude.com customers. If you do not want to receive such offers, please inform us.
- Protection of Lensdude.com and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Lensdude.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
Which Information Can I Access?
Lensdude.com gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with Lensdude.com for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such Lensdude.com features as your Profile, My Favorites, personalized greetings, and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please inform us.
Are Children Allowed to Use Lensdude.com?
Lensdude.com does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use Lensdude.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit Lensdude.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the Province of Alberta. If you have any concern about privacy at Lensdude.com, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it.
Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice will change also. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you search, buy, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; place an order through Lensdude.com, provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us) or Your Profile; communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including addresses and phone number; content of reviews and e-mails to us.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access easily at Lensdude.com include up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications preferences, address book, and My Favorites); e-mail notification settings (including Alerts, Available to Order notifications, Deliveries, New for You, Special Occasion Reminders, and newsletters); recommendations (including recent product view history, prior order history, and Favorites).
Co-branded and Joint Offerings
Examples of businesses with which we offer joint or co-branded products and other offerings include TJMPhotographica and Urban Edge Productions.